Why should I participate in Food For Kids?
- Food For Kids is a sponsor of the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) which is a federally funded program that provides partial reimbursement for the meals and snacks served to children in your care. It plays a vital role in improving the quality of your daycare and helps keep the costs down for many low and middle income families.
Is there a lot of paperwork involved and is it time consuming to be on a CACFP program?
- All providers must maintain current enrollment forms, daily attendance, meal counts and a posted menu. These records are submitted to us monthly via Minute Menu Systems, making it easier and less time consuming.
Can I make up my own menus?
- Yes! As long as you are following the CACFP guidelines and serve the required components you can make your own menus.
How much reimbursement will I receive?
- This is based on the schools you are zoned for, geographical data, your household income or the household income of the children in your care.
- You can get reimbursed for up to two meals and a snack or two snacks and a meal.
- Reimbursement is monthly.